20 interesting coffee facts might be just the odd tidbits needed to impress everyone at the next trivia contest or they could be used as the next trivia contest. Either way, some of the facts are plain odd while others are interesting and can create great discussion about history and people’s habits. 20 interesting coffee facts is a great way to have a trivia contest or just share bits of odd knowledge that most people might not know. Trivia is a popular pastime for many people with many bars and restaurants having trivia night with prizes. These 20 interesting facts about coffee will add to those tidbits of odd knowledge that eventually come in handy.
1. In Turkey, the bridegroom as once required to make a vow during the wedding to always make sure to provide their wives with coffee. If they did not do so it was considered grounds for divorce.
2. In Turkey, the intended bride is required to serve Caffeine pouches to her parents and future husband when he comes to ask for her hand in marriage; however, she has no say so in the outcome of the request. Tradition has it that her response is in the sweetness or lack thereof of the coffee. Sweet coffee supposedly means she is okay with the arrangement while salty means she is not.
3. Contrary to popular belief, espresso has one-third the caffeine of a cup of coffee, simply due to serving size differences.
4. King Frederick of Germany created a special task force to search out illicit coffee smugglers. The task force was known as the Kaffee Schnuffler. The king believed that soldiers who drank coffee were not dependable.
5. Excelso or supremo do not mean a better quality of coffee when used to describe coffee beans, it …Read More